We're Yusef and Alice from Ekit Hub and we have several years of experience in eCommerce and online marketing. In this post we're going to share our knowledge with you to help you start or grow your online store with a few easy tips.
This post is going to be focused on the Print-On-Demand (POD) concept which in our opinion is the best and the most convenient, and affordable way to start or grow a successful online store.
Some of the benefits of using Print-On-Demand (POD) suppliers are:
- You can have a wide range of products (t-shirts, leggings, mugs, to sell in your store at $0 inventory cost.
- You don’t have to worry about getting stuck with loads of inventory and keeping track of it (Trust us, traditional business models where you buy, keep track, and sell inventory could be painful, time-consuming, and costly especially if your business is at its early stages and you don’t know a lot about your customers).
- You don’t have to worry about packing, shipping, and tracking the items sent to your customers.
- You will have loads of time to focus on customer service and branding your business.
To launch your POD business, you don’t need a lot of experience and you definitely don’t need a lot of resources. With the use of an eCommerce platform like Shopify to host your website or start an online shop at a global online marketplace like Etsy your store could be up and running in as little time and cost as possible.
All you need is:
- An online shop (like Shopify, Etsy, or WordPress site that uses WooCommerce plug-in (I personally would refrain from the latter option especially if programming or computer skills is not your strongest asset).
- Print-On-Demand product supplier that integrates with the online shop option you’ve chosen (like Printful, Gooten, Printify, or Teelaunch).
- Print-ready product designs to use on the items you wish to sell in your online shop (If you don’t have designs, don’t worry we’ve got you covered. We have a wide range of ready-to-print designs in PSD and png format for you to use. You can get them at our Etsy shop (EkitHubCommercial). These designs could be modified and changed to your liking by using a photo editor such as photoshop or if you don’t have photoshop you could use GIMP or Photopea for free.
Now that we have covered the benefits of using Print-On-Demand, Print-On-Demand suppliers, and some of the sales channels to integrate with (like Etsy and Shopify), let’s list out the most popular items to sell.
Most popular items that are in high demand:
T-SHIRTS (no kidding)
SHIRTSPOLO SHIRTSHOODIES & SWEATSHIRTS
TOQUES & BEANIES
TRAVEL BAGS & WEEKEND BAGS
What's next? Obtain a list of eCommerce platforms and Print-On-Demand suppliers that are compatible.