While we do not create our designs in Canva, it is possible to edit the various content pieces in Canva, giving our customers more options when it comes to customizing their content.
So if you love Canva, this is FABULOUS news!
Editing in Canva isn’t perfect. Some elements you may not be able to specifically edit, but you would have to delete the elements you want to change and replace them with new elements. This is particularly true of our image-based content like cover graphics, wall art and posters. But in the case of documents, you can usually edit the text without having to replace the element completely.
However, if your document is more than 300 pages or 25 MB, you may have to remove pages in order to be able to upload to Canva.
It’s not foolproof, but we pride ourselves on quality design that offers the most diverse editing capability using a variety of tools. Designing our products solely in Canva would create very strict restrictions in editing capabilities.
Also, please note these tutorials are just quick instructions on how to upload the files and start editing in Canva. For Canva feature tutorials, please do consult the Canva website to help you learn all the features of the program.
If you convert the various files to PDF format, you can start to edit the files. In the case of documents, you can edit text, remove graphic elements, change backgrounds, etc. In the case of images, you'll be able to remove elements and replace them with your desired elements or text.
Note that you CAN upload PPT / PPTX and DOC / DOCX files directly to Canva for editing (currently, as far as we are able to tell, maximum size is about 300 pages / 270 MB). You do not have to convert them first, but for .psd, you will need a PDF file to do editing.
And great news! As of today, we will be converting all our future files PDF as a service for our customers. That means, all our packages from October 2023 (Abundance Mindset EKit) on will include a PDF version of all our files. That means you can do some editing of them in Canva, Adobe Acrobat and more.
But back to strictly talking about Canva, if you need help or want to see how it works, these tutorials might prove useful.
NOTE – Our cover graphics in documents are images to give the most custom editing possibilities and so you can create 3D versions as well (we recommend this software for making 3D promotional product images), so you will need to edit your covers separately and then insert the image into your Canva document.
- How to edit PowerPoint in Canva
- How to edit Word in Canva
- How to edit PSD (converted to PDF) in Canva
And if you also need to know how to turn files into PDFs, these tutorials might be useful.
- How to convert PowerPoint to PDF – but note, you can upload a PowerPoint directly into Canva, so it's not necessary for Canva editing. But if you want to work with the file in Adobe Acrobat or other software, this might be useful.
- How to convert Word to PDF – but note, you can upload a Word Doc directly into Canva, so it's not necessary for Canva editing. But if you want to work with the file in Adobe Acrobat or other software, this might be useful.
- How to convert PSD to a Layered PDF – This will show you how to quickly convert a Photoshop / PSD file into a layered PDF.
Want to Start Editing in Canva? Download our Abundance Mindset EKit
Here's a great way to start practicing your editing skills, by grabbing our Developing an Abundance Mindset to Have a More Fulfilling Life EKit at a very special price.
Have a look at this content, designed to help you grow your audience, boost your reputation and have awesome products for sale…
The done-for-you, but editable content package includes:
- 13 Page Report: “10 Ways to Live Life More Abundantly” (13 pages/ 4,585 words)
- Professionally-Designed Ecover Set: with flat cover and 4 x 3D versions to go with the report.
- Worksheet: “Abundant Life” (5 pages / 500 words)
- Checklist: “Core Values”(4 pages / 197 words)
- 5 Articles – for your social media, blog and more. (10 pages / 2,900 words)
- Newsletter: fully editable newsletter that includes 2 of the articles in this EKit and includes plenty of space for your personal thoughts
- 5 – 18″ x 24″ Poster Graphics – for wall art, mugs, t-shirts, social media, book covers, inserts…and more.
- 72-Page “There is Plenty” Journal ” – Sell as a Finished Product or Sell the Individual Journal Pages
- Professionally-Designed Ecover Set: with flat cover and 4 x 3D versions to go with the Journal.
- 365-Day “Every Day Gets Better and Better” Planner – 1 year (365-day / 397-page) planner that is ready to sell.
- Professionally-Designed Ecover Set: with flat cover and 4 x 3D versions to go with the Planner.
- 36-Card Printable “36 Days to Living More Abundantly” Card Deck – Card Deck with fully editable cards. They come formatted for commercial or at-home printing. Instructions included.
- 5 Coloring Pages – coloring is a hit with children and adults alike. Use these sheets to generate traffic or create downloadable or print coloring books for sale. (2550 x 3300 px)
Then put that content to good use to build traffic, grow your list, create products for sale and more!
To your publishing success,
Yusef Kulan and Alice Seba
Your Partners in Easy Product Creation at EKitHub.com