The above in-depth tutorial is from Rachel Harrison-Sund. You can also Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel
If you're an artist or illustrator…and you have art work on paper, you might wonder how to turn it into a coloring page, the tutorial above will help you. It also covers how to create coloring pages with digital art…and she talks about profitably selling coloring books as well.
If You'd Like to Use Your Drawings to Make Coloring Pages
If you're in a hurry and don't have time for a tutorial, here's a quick overview of turning your paper drawing into a coloring page. To make a coloring page from a drawing you make by hand, you can use a scanner or a camera to digitize your drawing and then use a photo editing software or app to convert it into a coloring page.
Here are some basic steps…
- Draw your image on paper using pencils, markers, or any other medium you prefer. Drawings without too much shading work best, but you can remove some of that while editing your drawing.
- Scan the drawing or take a photo of it using a camera or a smartphone.
- Open the scanned or photographed image in a photo editing software or app that you are familiar with, such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. You can also use online photo editing tools like Canva or Pixlr.
- Convert the image to black and white. This can be done using the desaturate or grayscale option in your photo editing software.
- Adjust the contrast and brightness levels of the image to create a clear outline. You can use the levels, curves or contrast adjustment tools to achieve this.
- Use the threshold filter to create a sharp outline. This can be done by adjusting the threshold slider in your photo editing software.
- Clean up any unwanted areas or smudges in the image using an eraser or the clone tool.
Save the file as a high-resolution image, preferably in a vector format such as SVG or PDF.
Note that the process may vary depending on the photo editing software or app that you are using, but the general idea is to convert the hand-drawn image into a black and white outline that can be easily colored.
We hope that gives you some thoughts on how you might get started with creating your own coloring pages. But of course, we're also here to help…
50 Done-for-You Coloring Pages with Commercial-Use-Use
We love saving you time and money, so we've created 50 done-for-you, but fully editable and brandable coloring pages for you. Have a look…
You can use these in your coloring books, add them to your membership site, give them away and more.
Click here for this very special coloring page offer – while still can. It's on a “Last Chance” sale, so comes at incredible price with full editing, branding and monetizing rights.
You'll also get FULL access to a highly informative interview with Lady Rayven that shows you how to stand out and dominate in the coloring niche.
That'll give you a quick head start to build your place in the coloring page market.
To your publishing success,
Yusef Kulan and Alice Seba
Your Partners in Easy Product Creation at EKitHub.com