The above in-depth tutorial is from Old MrKent. You can also Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Creating coloring pages from photos is a popular technique, but one that takes a bit of patience and attention to detail. It's something that people ask in our EKitHub Facebook Group a lot, so we wanted to share the above step-by-step tutorial that shows you how to do it using PhotoShop or other quality editor.
If you'd like some quick written steps to run with, we've got you covered as well. To make a coloring page from a photo, you can use a photo editing software or app to manipulate the image and convert it into a black and white outline. Briefly,
- Choose a photo that you want to turn into a coloring page.
- Open the photo in a photo editing software or app that you are familiar with, such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. GIMP is free software that is pretty much the same quality calibre as Photoshop.
- Convert the image to black and white. This can be done using the desaturate or grayscale option in your photo editing software.
- Adjust the contrast and brightness levels of the image to create a clear outline. You can use the levels, curves or contrast adjustment tools to achieve this.
- Use the threshold filter to create a sharp outline. This can be done by adjusting the threshold slider in your photo editing software.
- Clean up any unwanted areas or smudges in the image using an eraser or the clone tool.
- Save the file as a high-resolution image, preferably in a vector format such as SVG or PDF.
A Few Extra Tips for Using Photos to Make Coloring Pages
Choose the right photo: Select a photo that has clear lines and shapes, with minimal shading or gradient. Photos that are too dark, too blurry, or too busy can be difficult to convert into coloring pages.
Adjust the contrast and brightness: Use photo editing software to adjust the contrast and brightness of the photo, making sure that the lines and shapes are clearly defined. This will make it easier to trace the outlines of the photo.
Note that the process may vary depending on the photo editing software or app that you are using, but the general idea is to convert the photo into a black and white outline that can be easily colored. Watch the video above if you'd like more step-by-step help, showing how to do it in the software program.
We hope that gives you some thoughts on how you might get started with creating your own coloring pages. But of course, we're also here to help…
50 Done-for-You Coloring Pages with Commercial-Use-Use
We love saving you time and money, so we've created 50 done-for-you, but fully editable and brandable coloring pages for you. Have a look…
You can use these in your coloring books, add them to your membership site, give them away and more.
Click here for this very special coloring page offer – while still can. It's on a “Last Chance” sale, so comes at incredible price with full editing, branding and monetizing rights.
You'll also get FULL access to a highly informative interview with Lady Rayven that shows you how to stand out and dominate in the coloring niche.
That'll give you a quick head start to build your place in the coloring page market.
To your publishing success,
Yusef Kulan and Alice Seba
Your Partners in Easy Product Creation at EKitHub.com